André is the founder of Meyer West IP and has over 15 years’ experience in the field of Intellectual Property Law, both in Australia and abroad. He entered the IP profession in 2000 when he joined Spoor & Fisher in South Africa. He was admitted as a partner of that firm in 2007. In 2008 André and his wife decided to spread their wings and moved to Australia where André joined Wrays. After a stint of 2 years with Wrays, André succumbed to the lure of the east coast of Australia and the family Meyer pulled anchor and relocated to Sydney in 2010. Here he joined Spruson & Ferguson. Enthused by the audaciousness of the many SME owners whom he had acted for over the years André decided in 2015 to establish an IP firm which would provide top tier experience but the personal touch associated with a small firm.
Having worked for three leading firms André has been exposed to the full gamut of IP services. He has also worked across a broad range of technologies including mining, medical devices, consumer goods, building products and agricultural implements.
In his free time André loves to read on a range of topics, play golf, challenge his twin boys at backyard cricket or football and to play the card game UNO with his daughter.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering – University of Johannesburg
- Bachelor of Laws – University of South Africa (UNISA)
- Master of Industrial Property – University of Technology (UTS)
- Registered Australian Patent Attorney
- Registered Australian Trade Marks Attorney
- Registered New Zealand Patent Attorney
- South African Patent Attorney
- Lawyer of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Fellow of the Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Fellow of the South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law